PARIS EQ plugin

Discussion in 'Tracking / Mixing / Editing' started by starscream2010, Apr 21, 2005.

1. I was wondering if any of you have used this plug-in? Lately I have been reading about how much EQ plug-ins suck compared to good hardware EQ's (I wouldn't know, can't afford them) but that some plugs are better than others, so that being said... Last night I was mixing (Nuendo) some drum tracks that were recorded and sent to me by someone else and the OH tracks needed some top end so I added a little 10k shelf EQ using the Nuendo EQ and wasn't really all that happy with it so I decided to use the (free) Paris EQ plug-in because I've had it for a while and have never used it. I have to say that using the same amount/type of EQ I was VERY pleased, so that makes me think that I need to get some better EQ plug-ins. I own the WAVES Gold Bundle, T.C. Electronic bundle and various other EQ's but have started looking into URS, Nomad Factory - Blue Tube Bundle and the Sonalksis EQ. Last night was the first time that I felt like "I get it" when guys like Kurt are trying to get people that quality gear DOES make a difference and made me want to save up for some really good hardware EQ's. Sorry for the long post I just wanted to share my 'ear' opening :) experience and see what you guys thought of the plug-ins I mentioned.

Thanks
    Nick