1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Patch Bay

Discussion in 'Audio Terms' started by audiokid, Jun 7, 2010.

  1. audiokid

    audiokid Staff

    A patch bay or patch panel is a means of bringing together the cabling from various pieces of equipment to a central location, thus simplifying interconnection.

    Developed from the days when operators manually connected two telephone callers by inserting a patch cord between two sources, patch bays today can be a little more sophisticated, allowing for more than just connecting one piece of equipment to another.

    See: TS, TRS,,rca connector

Share This Page