1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Patch bays

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by maxaroo32, Dec 18, 2004.

1. maxaroo32

maxaroo32 Guest

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to explain what they use their patch bay for, specifically. At my university, the patch bay is used to connect the sub-outs to the inputs, but for some reason I'm thinking that there are other ways of connecting things. If I'm wrong, oh well.
    Also, I was planning on purchasing the edirol fa-101 firewire audio interface and was wondering how a patch bay would improve the set-up.
    Any opinions would be appreciated!
  2. johnwy

johnwy Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2003
    Smithtown, NY
    Home Page:
    Its the quickest way to connect external audio gear and re-route audio signals to different channels and recorders to the changing specifications of different clients/engineers/projects/songs. The bigger the console (or DAW set up) and the more gear you have, the bigger the patchbay you may have.

In the case of use with the Eridol, having a patchbay (in front of you) beats having to rewire the unit from the back if you need to modify your set up.
  3. Teco-Teco

Teco-Teco Guest

You can read more about this at:

See some examples here:

I hope you enjoy it. ;)