1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

pc interface

Discussion in 'Recording' started by diji, May 7, 2006.

1. diji

diji Guest

Our band consist of 5 people. 4 vocals, 4 mic's on the drums, guitar and bass amp both mic'd and a keyboard. I need a interface like a m-audio type box ( usb or firewire connect to pc) of at least 11 inputs, 2 or 3 with phantom power. Also, can the outs on it be directed thru my yamaha 12 channel mixer for pa use? my main goal is to have the capacity to record myself, playing each instrument on separate tracks, using the pc program such as pro tool, cakewalk, ect. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. mobilelab

mobilelab Active Member

what kind of budget are you working w/?

3. diji

diji Guest

$500.00-$600.00 more if ness.

4. mud5150

mud5150 Guest

for that budget I'd say an m-audio 18/14 with a behringer 8000adda would be the way to go. That will give you 16 ins and you could run any daw you want

5. diji

diji Guest

what about using the outs on the interfaces going into my yamaha mixer for pa use?

6. therecordingart

therecordingart Well-Known Member

Take a look at the new Focusrite Saffire 26 i/o. $699 but you can walk into Banjo Mart, offer $600 flat, and leave with a 26 channel interface.

All marketing b.s. aside....this looks like a pretty promising unit that might replace my FW1884 and end up racked in a mobile rig. I've read that the pres are the same as the Green Range, which I think is a load of crap due to price, but it can't be any worse than anything else out there.

Even the worst interfaces out there don't suck terribly unless you are grading on reliability.