personal monitor system for 5

Discussion in 'Live Sound' started by macombaland, Oct 23, 2008.

1. macombaland

macombaland Guest

I have been looking into getting in ear for the whole band but I am a bit unsure about what would be the best system to get. Any input?
  2. bent

bent No Bad Vibes! Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Cocoa, FL
    If you've got the budget, get a PSM700 system from Shure for those members that move around and a P6HW for the drummer. Couple them with some E5's and you're golden.
  3. macombaland

macombaland Guest

That looks exactly like what I need but its a little pricey. I was hoping for nothing more than $1000.
  4. BobRogers

BobRogers Distinguished Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Blacksburg, VA
    Everyone I know who has used inexpensive in-ear systems has given up after a few months and either gone back to using wedges or broken down and spent the money for a better system. Now admittedly two guys I know keep the cheap system around for really bad acoustic situations with the wedges. There certainly are situations where the advantages of in-ear win. This may be a case of "buy once, cry once."
  5. macombaland

macombaland Guest

i totally know what youre saying. Ill probably end up breaking down. This is a college worship band and we set up every week in a gym. It is carpeted and has wall panels but it is still a huge box.
  6. thedaz

thedaz Guest

We're using in ear monitors but instead of spending our money on wireless stuff we decided to use an ART HeadAmp 6Pro and a few cables. This might not be the best possible monitor sound but it saves a lot of space on small stages and it's very cheap compared to buying wegdes, amps, ... not mentioning weight.