1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Phase in Logic

Discussion in 'Logic' started by jscott, Dec 5, 2001.

1. jscott

jscott Guest

I'm not even sure I know how to ask this question, but here goes.

I have been MIDI recording in Logic just fine except for one issue which is very confusing to me. I use an A90EX keyboard couple with a Proteus2000 and JV1080. I have my multi's set up, in the environment. Everything appeared to be working normal except for one thing.

Every now and then I appear to be getting a phase sound which I assume is from the doubling of notes some place, but many other time, actually most of the time, I do not get this. I have local off on the keyboard but I read that in Logic, if thru is assigned to both the port and multi, this may happen, but I don't see where this may be going on.

Any thoughts?
  2. pan

pan Guest

hmm - what CPU, MIDI interface, serial/USB, what version of logic?
  3. jscott

jscott Guest

Originally posted by pan:
    hmm - what CPU, MIDI interface, serial/USB, what version of logic?

933 PIII, MTP AV - Parallel, 4.8.1, SCSI System, dual 36-SCSI160 drives, 512 CAS2 RAM, Adaptec 39160 dual channel controller.

I have long suspected it may be more of a timing thing due to the parallel MTP AV connection?
  4. pan

pan Guest

There were some problems with the new Unified MIDI Engine, check, if this has something to do with it.