1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Phasing Issue

Discussion in 'Recording' started by MrKat, Apr 20, 2011.

1. MrKat

MrKat Active Member

Hi Guys,

I've just installed 2 patch bays into my studio and I'm having some issues.

I have 1x Motu 24 i/o
    2x Behringer Ultrapatch Pro
    1x Aphex Aural Exciter Type C2 with Big Bottom

The patch which is causing the trouble is 1&2 OUT from the MOTU, into the Exciter via the patch bay then back the board via the patch bay.

When I turn the MIX knobs up on the exciter, I start to get phasing. The same happens when I push the mix of the Big Bottom up as well. I'm using all mono cables.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

A patchbay cannot add time delays. However, depending on how it is set up, it can cause the same signal to be sent to two different destinations unintentionally.

Do you get the same phasing effect if you cable ins and outs directly between the Motu and the Aphex, not going via the patchbay?

Are you sure that you do not have any monitoring feed or other loop-back active from the PCI-424 card that might have been enabled by the CueMix DSP program?

3. Link555

Link555 Well-Known Member

did you do a delay compensation in your DAW for the external hardware?

4. MrKat

MrKat Active Member

hey guys, many thanks, the mutes in the pci console software were not muted! Many thanks... now onto my next problem!