1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Phone Plug

Discussion in 'Audio Terms' started by audiokid, Jun 7, 2010.

  1. audiokid

    audiokid Chris Staff Resource Member

    Mar 20, 2000
    Prince George, BC
    Home Page:
    A 1/4" connector found on a lot of audio equipment. The name derives from the old telephone switchboards, which used 1/4" patching cables. Generally available in two varieties, unbalanced or TS, and balanced or TRS, where T stands for tip, R for ring and S for sleeve.

Share This Page