1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Phonic or Soundcraft

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Kunalgiri, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Kunalgiri

Kunalgiri Active Member

Hi all

I need some help from all pro user on choosing between two mixer.

Phonic MU2442x or Soundcraft Sprit SX ??????

Main feature I am looking is 8 Directouts and 4 subgroups.

Thanks in advance

Kunal Giri

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Well-Known Member

Phonic is a relatively new company and I've had no experience with their stuff, I don't think many people have either?

Soundcraft is a longtime well-known brand.

Since you're basically interested in entry-level oriented equipment, I would make my decision based upon features of what you want and not really worry about the sound quality blah blah. They are all modern-day design consoles and their audio performance will all be relatively similar.

Back in 1982, I purchased a truly awful sounding Soundtracs British console because it had all of the features I needed. The microphone preamplifiers were the cheapest worst, single 5534 chip type. It did not stop me from making some truly bitchin' recordings. Later I sold it when it was time to move up.

Bitchin' recording broad
    Ms. Remy Ann David

3. Kunalgiri

Kunalgiri Active Member

Hi Remy

Thanks for your input. Yes even I tried looking for reviews on Phonic but couldnt find any about this board. Although Soundcraft is old but still Phonic 2442x has a lot more routing and features than Soundcraft has,this is where I am confused and wanted to get some reviews on phonic.

Hope to see some more inputs from others

THanks
    Kunal :lol:

4. simran

simran Guest

HEY
    EVEN I AM CONFUSED REGARDING CHOOSING A MIXER FOR ME

I ALSO NEED MORE NO OF INPUTS ATLEAST 18 CHANNLE
    FIREWIRE
    GOOD BUILTIN EFFECTS
    THANKS

5. davidinoz

davidinoz Guest

I've had good results recording live with a Phonic helixboard. The 24 has 16 mic channels, 8 direct outs and 16 outs over firewire. It also has 4 subgroups. It's a good entry level board with great features for the price.

6. simran

simran Guest

how about alesis multimix 12 fire wire
    and how do u impose effects?