1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

PIV + Elmer's Thermal Paste + MoBo = Computer?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Reggie, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

Hey all you computer building dudes:
    I am maybe looking into getting a new Processor and MOBO, but I have never put these together before. Is there some special trick to it or do you just take the processor out of its package and shove into into a slot on the MOBO. And how do you use that thermal paste stuff? Do you slather the whole processor with it or what? Help me before I do something stupid please. :oops:
    :?

2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

put CPU on mobo...put a thin layer of the paste on the CPU..the heatsink will have the stock thermal tape which I recommend you remove and clean with rubbing alcohol..

after that, put the heat sink on the CPU and you're good to go!

Opus

3. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Opus, Nice to see you drop by. Hope we see you more often. :D

4. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

Well.... with a kid on the way :shock: and me being a Mr Mom :? that and wireless internet throught the house.........

Hee Hee

Opus :D

5. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

mmK, sounds like it must be simple from the simple way you describe it. I was hoping it was just as easy as plugging an electrical cord into a wall socket. Now I just need figure out socket type, chip set, form factor, blah blah, ..... :cool: :? :cool:

Thx