1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Please Evaluate my Setup

Discussion in 'Recording' started by SPIT, Jul 28, 2004.

1. SPIT

SPIT Guest

Hi there, im new. I was wondering if you could take the time out to analyse/evaluate my current setup and let me know, as people who know more than i do, the pros and cons and anything else worth noting (eg. updates/future upgrades, anything else worth buying etc)

I use my setup to produce generally ambient and chillout tracks and also hard dance stuff.

Thanks

Heres my Setup -

Athlon XP 1700+ Processor
    256MBRAM
    2x 40GIG HDD
    CDRW
    DVD ROM
    GEFORCE FX 5200 128MB RAM

M-AUDIO MOBILE PREAMP
    2x DELL 17" MONITORS
    2x TAPCO S5 MONITORS
    EVOLUTION MK-449C midi keyboard
    SE ELECTRONICS VALVE MIC SE2200A +Stand + Samson Pop Shield

CUBASE SX
    REASON 2.5
    COOL EDIT PRO 2.0
    T RACKS 24
    FL STUDIO 4

V-STATION
    VANGUARD
    JUNO x2
    PRO 52
    JUNGLIST
    SUPERWAVEP8
    Z3TA+
    HALION
    BATTERY
    KONTAKT

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Pretty nice. The only thing I notice is that you are short on RAM for the computer. 512 or even 1 gig if possible would help to speed things up a bit. You would be able to run more tracks and plugs with more RAM ..

3. goofyguitar

goofyguitar Guest

Dude!

With respect to the computer you are running it may be a little slow

1.7 is ok but Cedar Flat Fats hit the proverbial nail on the head....256 is going to slow things down a bit, I also noticed that with some of the vst stuff you have (nice collection dude!) that 256 RAM will not be adequate.

I am using on of the evolution controllers msyelf its quite adequate for what i'm doing but i need to get a longer one so i can practise more piano stuff.

cya round dude.