1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

please help..big problems with ms2000r

Discussion in 'Recording' started by amyfletcher@ymail.com, Mar 6, 2012.

1. amyfletcher@ymail.com

amyfletcher@ymail.com Active Member

hi all..
    i have a big problem with my ms2000r. if someone could please help me out..i tried the boards and forums but cant find a solution..and no im not a ditsy girl lol..here goes..

for the last few months, i noticed that it takes loner and longer to switch between the sounds..then some sounds wouldnt play at all..

today,while in the middle of recording a track,my friend pressed something and now nothing works.

it turns on, and i can scroll through the diffrernt sounds+menus, but midi isnt registering and no sound comes out of the 1-16 buttons work if i press the keyboard button on the left (out of the outs or headphone port)..

i tried the firmware upgrade and am now running 1.7 (though it says 7 on the screen) i think..
    i did the menu->2d->global/program reset and still nothing..
    i did the re init: hold mod key+3..it scrolls through the menus, then freezes on midi and says something like "midi loop error"..no sound comes out of the outs, but a sound like a layered midi time code comes out of the headphone port..

my setup is: m-audio keys->motu microlite->2000r midi in->2000r midi out->microlite..via protools 6.9 on xp quad 4gb ram..

thankyou all so much in advance...:)