1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Please Help me! Just started my recording studio

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Rusven, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Rusven

Rusven Guest

Please help me.I just started my low budget recording studio.It's the first recording studio here in our small island of Bohol,PHilippines. When tracking, do I have to adjust the equalizer of my mixer in finding its nice tone? or I will just insert equalizer on track effects?

Hope u'll attend to my question..thank you very much

2. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Well-Known Member

It's probably better to put an equaliser on the track effects, if you're recording onto a computer. Unless you have a really expensive mixer of course.

3. Rusven

Rusven Guest

thank you codemonkey

4. StevenColbert

StevenColbert Member

Nation,

I mean Rusven.....You could buy a nice mic pre amp, a good mic or two, and a lap top.

You could do ALL sorts of cool stuff with those few items. A mixer or a digital/analog interface to connect to you laptop might be nessasary at some point as well.

Moving on

5. Bluemonster71

Bluemonster71 Active Member

When I start to track my projects I try to get the best closest sound to what I am looking for with mic placement. Unless I am 100% sure of my sound I don't add any effect to tape. You don't want to find out during mix time that you made a error that can't be fixed.

6. Space

Space Well-Known Member

Is that a VST plugin you use to add the effects to tape later?

7. Bluemonster71

Bluemonster71 Active Member

If I am using a pc then yes. If I am using a non pc setup such as ADATS or any other type of stand alone recording media I use the rackomont gear.