1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

please help with fostex fd 8?????

Discussion in 'Recording' started by the_licker, Mar 19, 2006.

1. the_licker

the_licker Guest

i just bought a used fostex fd 8. i have no knowledge of digital recorders. my band has used the tape 4 tracks, which i was quite used to. i've spent a ton of time reading and playing with the
    multi-tracker. the manual just goes over my head. i cant understand how to record on 8 separate tracks.
    i know to record with the input select switches on input. for playback it goes to track#...
    i've recorded on most tracks. i've noticed on tracks 1 thru 4 i can record tracks separatly however when i record on 5 thru 8 those tracks ping pong or bounce onto each other. how do i record stand alone tracks and hear previous tracks as well? i can record , say track 6 without any bleeding from the other tracks only if i turn down all other tracks. that cant be the way i must record. when recording i need to hear the previous track to play off that track. how do i record one track at a time?
    does the 7th and 8th track have something to do with it? i know they have their own moniter select switch so that tells me i may need to plug into them to record all other tracks?

any help will be greatly appreciated. i am dieing to record on this thing.
    if anyone knows of great how to guides on the net that speaks on a "dummie" level for me a link would also be of help. thanks guys....! :cool:
  2. purebloom

purebloom Guest

Read, then re-read your manual. It has all of the answers.