1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Plug-in Bundles for HD2 Accel and Waves Upgrade prices

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Alécio Costa - Brazil, May 2, 2007.

1. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

Funny, but Waves requires me that I pay U$1600 to upgrade my TDM Bundle II to go Accel/MAc Pro compatibility. It cost +-U$1200.

They just stopped selling the TDM Bundle II product and force me to go GOLD, which I do not need.

However, the Native versions are much cheaper. So, or we change brands (Mc DSP, etc) or go Native with Waves.
    They have a Musicians Bundle II that is very similar to the old TDM II.

I have an eye at MC DSP Emerald Pack Native and also was thinking of an URS bundle.

so:
    a)Is anyone else doing this, going native, as computer power is not more an issue with a MAc Pro?
    ( Iguess Waves native is RTAS and VST, right)?

b)Which URS bundle would you recommend me, having the basic but good compressors and EQ models?

c)TC MD3 seems to be a great product. Or should I stay with the limiter of MC DSP Emerald Pack?

Thanks

2. rscstudios1

rscstudios1 Guest

NO THANKS.

3. Alécio Costa - Brazil

????????

BTW.. I have just bought Emerald Bundle. Great combination of plug-ins. Now I have an eya at URS Strip Pro. Just demoed it.

4. Sights

Sights Guest

Hey Alecio, if you really want to get the good dirt on your questions, go and join Collabnation forums @ http://www.collabnation.net and post on the Engineer/Mixing/Mastering Q&A forum. A sound guy by he name of Authur, who is a HD expert, will probably able to answer all your questions to your satisfaction.
    By the way, its worth joining Collabnation just for a completely different approach to music production.

Regards
    Sights

5. Alécio Costa - Brazil