Plugins Out to Sea...

Discussion in 'Tracking / Mixing / Editing' started by jr, Jun 28, 2002.

1. jr

jr Guest

Cakewalk sonar 2 won't load or save my effects presets. anyone else have this problem? any solutions out there?

2. Blutone

Blutone Guest

Save whatever work you have done in a different directory, like My Documents or something. Then, uninstall/reinstall Sonar. There might be another work-around, but this don't take up a bunch of time troubleshooting. ;)

3. Blutone

Blutone Guest

might have to do the same with your plugins.

Latrz,
    O

4. jr

jr Guest

already tried uninstalling, reinstalling sonar and plugins. no luck. each plugin, even the ones that came with sonar2, do not save or load settings that I create.

5. themidiroom

themidiroom Active Member

I had something similar happen. My plugins vanished! :eek: The fix was downloading and reinstalling DirectX

6. suspec57

suspec57 Guest

curious as to whatplug-insyou are using because i never experienced that problem.

7. themidiroom

Was that question directed towards me or jr?
    I mostly use Sonar's plugins along with some plugins from Db audioware. I updated my video drivers (which rely on directx) and that killed the plugins.

8. suspec57

suspec57 Guest

sup everyone sorry its been a while but i'm back! :) my reply was to both jr and the midi room. i'm on xp pro and never had a problem withplug-insbut i mostly use waves gold bundle or TC forplug-inswith my sonar 2.0. i have to say that i think that they are the bestplug-insthat i've ever tried.

9. themidiroom

I think the plugins were fine. There must be some glitch with DirectX. go figure. I might look into those Waves Plugins. The ones I have the most interest in are the EQs, compressors, and limiters. I do all my reverbs and delays outboard; old habits die hard.