1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

point to point on Vocals

Discussion in 'Vocals' started by Caisson, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Caisson

Caisson Guest

Does anyone in here have a standard that they go by or a pattern that they follow when recording vocals. examples........

track-> compress-> gate-> de-ess-> EQ->

basical what pattern do you use after recording your vocals....or does it change along with every take.

I compress going in, and then I'll compress with the software, and then I might qate or use a noise reducer and then mabye EQ....

2. I typically record my tracks dry to tape, then bring them back through again to add anything that would be in my inserts. Typically, that insert would proceed as "Preamp" --> "Gate" --> "Compressor" --> "De-esser" (if needed badly, I try take care of most problems with the EQ). Then I just use the channel EQ, 4-band semi-parametric (no Q filter), to adjust from there. 99% of the time I have all but the De-esser in there. I use a De-esser as a last resort since that's a digital conversion for me most of the time.

---
    Brian Altenhofel