1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Popping sounds

Discussion in 'Recording' started by teach-1997, Jan 9, 2005.

1. teach-1997

teach-1997 Guest

I have a tascam digital recorder attached to an aardvark card and when sound is inputed into a channel, a popping sound occurs every so often. I went through and set all the rates I could find to 44 but it is still popping. Any ideas?

2. David French

David French Well-Known Member

I assume this is a digital connection? SPDIF perhaps? If so, do you have your clock source set to external (the tascam)?

3. teach-1997

teach-1997 Guest

I am using a TDIF from the tascam and I have tried changing word length and sample rate. I can lower the amount of clicks, but they are still there. Any Ideas???

4. David French

I haven't used the Aardvark card, but ther esound be someplace where you can change the master clock source from internal to external. If the aardvark isn't using the tascam's clock, there will be pops. This has nothing to do with sample rate and bit depth.

5. teach-1997

teach-1997 Guest

The sound is similar to that of an old record. Is that the result of the card and the desk not using the same clock? The sound only comes with signal going through.

6. David French

Sounds like it to me. Look for the setting I mentioned.

7. teach-1997

teach-1997 Guest

I am at my wits end. I have exhausted the aardvark manager options and can only change the clock manually, but it automatically detects changes so it must be automatic. Can anyone tell me what "Emphasis" means. It says TDIF emphasis. Should this be clicked on in the manager? I can adjust the buffers so that the clicks are reduced, but I can't get rid of them. The problem could be the Aardvark card or it could be the Tascam TM-D1000. I just can't get rid of the little clicks. Any advice????