1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

portable recorder suggestion please

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by rahbeat, Feb 27, 2006.

1. rahbeat

rahbeat Guest

iknow this is old question, but i cant seem to find the info i need in the archieves. im currently shopping for portable recorder either analog or digital under the price, if possible, $500. ive been using analog for the range such as nagra, marantz pmd, and consumer grade cassette tape recorders. so now im thinking perhaps the M-Audio micro traker may work for the field recording work i do, but concerned it may not provide the range i want. any ideas or any suggestions will be very helpful. most recordings will be field work collecting natural ambiance for film and art projects. thanks for advice.
  2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Active Member

Sep 26, 2003
    Aurora, ON, Canada
    The Edirol R-09 looks interesting. Sort of along the same lines as the MAudio.
  3. ghellquist

ghellquist Guest

Check out the stealthing people

A lot of units in use there. My experience so far is that the low-priced units tend to have a lot of noise on the input. Too much for my use in classical recording, but then again I am probably very sensitive.