1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Powerbook G4 with logic 8?

Discussion in 'Logic' started by randybarnes, Feb 7, 2009.

1. randybarnes

randybarnes Guest

hey guys just wondering if anyone has a powerbook running logic 8 and does it run good if not how does logic 7 do. i have a powerbook g4 1.67ghz i wanna start using logic with my m-audio interface. just wondering if it runs good also does anyone know if protools m-powered 8 run good with the powerbook g4's.. i did plenty of searchs and couldnt put together my exact answer.
  2. jammster

jammster Active Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Lake Ki-Chi-Saga, Minnesota USA
    Hello randybarnes,

I have a friend that has logic 8 installed on his powerbook G4 and it has serious issues with lack of processing. The G4 can simply not keep up with the program. I forget what GHZ he is running at.

Anyway, you may want to consider a newer intel machine for your software. FYI I run a macbook 2 GHZ core 2 duo and get up to 20 tracks at 24/96.
  3. randybarnes

randybarnes Guest

does he run a external hd with it .. im thinking of buying logic 7 and trying that with a 7200rpm 250gb external hd. i see that some people ran logic 7 with g4 power books if not logic does anyone run m-powered protools 8 with a powerbook
  4. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Distinguished Member

Mar 19, 2003
    Kirkland WA
    Home Page:
    I had a 1Ghz powerbook with logic7, does fine with audio.

Underpowered for virtual instruments, and effects.
    Pretty much had to freeze any track with an instrument or effects on it.

Now that I have a black Macbook, there hasn't been any need to freeze a track.