1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Pre Amp Racks

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by heybluez, Jan 17, 2002.

1. heybluez

heybluez Guest

I am looking to start collecting a few mic pre's. I have been surfing Ebay and Digibid and have seen a number of interesting prospects. i would love to get some API, Neve or Trident modules. I have seen some items that were Racks to house certain pre amp modules. For example, I have seem one for API and so on. Has anyone any thoughts on these? It seems I could get a rack and just add to it whenever I had enough money buy another one and slowly fill it up.

Also, where else should I look?

Curious....Thanks, Michael
  2. Michael,
    Are these any different than a regular rack? I've never seen them if they are. I just get those German racks from GC.
  3. heybluez

heybluez Guest

4. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2001
    If you expect to buy more API's it could be a good way to go... the initial outlay will be quite high.

If you want to split the Mic-pre's for any reason , you can't cos you only have one power supply.

If you have a large console you may be able to build a few into you desk.

It is unlikely that different Mic-pres or EQs from different manufacturers will fit into the one power supply rack unless it is custom which of course is very possible.