1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Preamp question

Discussion in 'Preamps / Channel Strips' started by tnjazz, Aug 12, 2005.

1. tnjazz

tnjazz Active Member

I've been reading a lot in these forums about good quality pres and I've got a pretty good idea of where I want to go in the future (brick, seb, et. al)

Does anyone here have any opinion on the Sonosax SX-M2? I'm just curious as I own one (7 years and counting) and still use it quite often in the field as a pre for the ambients on multitrack recordings. I don't see any mention of it at all in this forum and very little out there on the web.

I realize it's nowhere near as robust as a good rackmounted studio pre, but if anyone would care to comment on it I would appreciate the input. Guess I'm just curious (or a glutton for punishment, LOL!)

FWIW I've been extremely pleased with the results it gives me.

Thanks,
    Dirk

2. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

Hey Dirk!

The Sonosax stuff is actually QUITE nice. They are great for on-location recording and News Gathering (ENG). They are quite clean and robust. I would be more than satisfied with one of those puppies in my mobile rig!

J.