1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

PreSonus Firebox Firewire vs. M-Audio Firewire 410

Discussion in 'Converters / Interfaces' started by Johnny_musiCman, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Johnny_musiCman

Johnny_musiCman Active Member

Hello. Just got my sm57 and ready to buy a half decent interface. Pretty simple question.. what is better.. by how much.. why? The m audio seems to go for cheaper.. but maybe this is for a reason?! Thanks in advanced!! 8)

2. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

I think the 410 is on it's way out. It seems to be less than reliable. For not much more, the firebox or for that matter and FP10 is solid unit.

3. Johnny_musiCman

E-mu 0404 USB audio interface

How about this? for the price.. I honestly would be happy with a cheap m-audio mobile interface at the moment.. then spend some money on a good one later. Does anyone know if this one is any better?

4. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

I really don't like the FW410. I don't like the sound of the converters and I don't like the preamps in any way. I only own it to run PT.

I personally don't care for the USB interfaces but folks seem to like the EMU 0404. You can do a search here at RO or over at Gearslutz and get some general feedback on that one in particular.

5. Johnny_musiCman

E-mu 0404 USB audio interface

How about this? for the price.. I honestly would be happy with a cheap m-audio mobile interface at the moment.. then spend some money on a good one later. Does anyone know if this one is any better?

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Active Member

Johnny, do yourself a favor and listen to Hueseph. Presonus makes the best entry level stuff bar none.