1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Presonus Firepod - Slowing my iMac G5 !??

Discussion in 'Recording' started by marsvolta, Nov 25, 2005.

1. marsvolta

marsvolta Guest

One time i asked on this board why my Logic Express were having some trouble with only 5-6 tracks... the answer was that if I was only using the buit-in soundcard of previous iMac G4 computer, it was the cause because a so small soundcard would not be powerful enough to do pro audio - the i got my Firepod soundcard with pro. drivers and firewire and now I even have got my hands on an iMac G5 1.8 Ghz and STILL when i connect my Firepod my projects, which acutally are running flawless on my new iMac, are causing my computer to overload its system!

Why are my computer slower when connecting my Firepod, when it should be faster ?

Best Regards,
  2. marsvolta

marsvolta Guest

No one has a clue ?
    Thanks in advance...
  3. iznogood

iznogood Guest

if you have a project that draws full cpu power on your computer and connect an external soundcard using firewire or usb it will draw more cpu thus overloading.....

(jeg regner med at du har downloadet alle de nyeste drivere etc.)
  4. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Distinguished Member

Mar 19, 2003
    Kirkland WA
    Home Page:
    If you are recording to your internal drive, I suggest investing in an audio only drive.

5. rpmartino

rpmartino Guest

What are your buffer size settings and sample rate set to? Also, what are you using for plug-ins?