1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

presonus firepod

Discussion in 'Recording' started by mud5150, Nov 12, 2005.

1. mud5150

mud5150 Guest

Hey whats up guys. I had a couple questions for you folks who may have had some experience with the firepod. How is the sound quality on this thing, is it on par with say a digi 002. The reviews seem to be pretty good. I eventually want to get an rme fireface but I'll have to wait a little while before I can afford it. Probably be another 6 months before I can throw down on that. In the interim the firepod seems like a good option. I just wanted to be sure I could actually get a fairly pro sounding recording granted mics and my actual ability are up to par. Aside from that I had a couple questions about the outputs. It's unclear to me whether the 8 outputs on the back are actually assignable outputs or if they are just preamp outs. I also couldn't tell if the headphone output is seperate or if it is a replication of another output. I read throught the manual and it wasn't very clear on this topic. I appreciate your help. Thanks.