1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

presonus firepod

Discussion in 'Recording' started by mud5150, Nov 13, 2005.

1. mud5150

mud5150 Guest

Hey whats up guys.I must be losing my mind. I swear I posted this in here and then it ended up in daws and computing. Well I guess I'll give it another try. I had a couple questions for you folks who may have had some experience with the firepod. How is the sound quality on this thing, is it on par with say a digi 002. The reviews seem to be pretty good. I eventually want to get an rme fireface but I'll have to wait a little while before I can afford it. Probably be another 6 months before I can throw down on that. In the interim the firepod seems like a good option. I just wanted to be sure I could actually get a fairly pro sounding recording granted mics and my actual ability are up to par. Aside from that I had a couple questions about the outputs. It's unclear to me whether the 8 outputs on the back are actually assignable outputs or if they are just preamp outs. I also couldn't tell if the headphone output is seperate or if it is a replication of another output. I read throught the manual and it wasn't very clear on this topic. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

2. blaumph2cool

blaumph2cool Active Member

I have never used the 002, but, I am completely happy with my Firepod. The pres are not supurb, but definately usable.
    I use my Firepod with a Laptop. I will say it took a little while to dial in the buffers and what not, so don't expect plug-n-play.

The 8 outputs on the back are not assignable. there is also Cue and Main Mix outputs. The headphone is completely seperate and has a seperate nob for level.

3. mud5150

mud5150 Guest

do you happen to have anything I can listen to that you recorded with the firepod. I appreciate your help.

4. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

The Pro Audio Foprum is for NON COMPUTER specifc releated gear.

5. skeurton

skeurton Guest

i've had a firepod for about 6 months now and i'm very happy with it. here are ten songs i've recorded with the firepod:

http://madam-im-adam.com/flash-mp3/mp3player.html

6. JBsound

JBsound Guest

I run a digi002r a lot and also a digimax lt. The pre's, conversion, and clock on the digimax is noticeably better than the digi002r. That says a lot about Presonus' components, especially considering their ability to keep it cost efficient.