1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

PreSonus FP10 sound problem

Discussion in 'Recording' started by jstrok72, Aug 31, 2011.

1. jstrok72

jstrok72 Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Hello there, I'm new to this forum so don't be harsh if I don't understand some things.
    I have problem with my PreSonus FP10 and using it in Cubase/Nuendo 3...the problem is, whenever I arrange my midi drums in addictive drums, or play/record guitar through it, after about 5-15 minutes it just goes to noiseless and I can't hear anything, the signal is gone, and sound is gone!
    I tried everything, from changing bit and kh/z but nothing helps, I have to restart my Nuendo/Cubase program and my PreSonus FP10 also to get it working again for another 5/15 minutes :/
    It doesn't matter how my project or PreSonus is set, it always happens.
    My setting for project I'm working on now is 48 000kh/z and 24bit and PreSonus alone is also set like that!

I would be very thankful if someone could help me...it's really annoying!

My system specs are:
    Windows XP SP3
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
    E8400 @ 3.00Hz
    3.00Ghz, 3.50GB of RAM
    Graphic card is G-Force 8600 GT
    And I have M1Active 520 monitors!

I also disabled 1394 Connection Firewire connection but also no help...

The same problem appears when I try to record guitars it just stops working, sometimes after a minute, sometimes afer 15-20...
    and there also appear small cracks while I'm recording guitar/bass in approximately every 20 seconds (doesn't matter which plugin, amplitube, guitar rig, revalver...), and they stay in the recording which is why I have to cut all or record some parts again...really annoying...everything is about 5 times longer than it should be cause of that problem.