1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Presonus Studio One Pro and the 64 bit processing engine

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by theryanlives, Dec 2, 2009.

1. theryanlives

theryanlives Guest

I am wondering if anyone else here has the new Stduio One Pro by Presonus. I have to admit the software has an amazing workflow and I just recorded a new songwriter and the quality was the cleanest I had ever heard. Now it comes in 2 versions the Pro and the Artist. I am using the Pro which is 64 bit. So that should give me higher quality but I got to thinking does that mean I need to run like XP 64 or Vista 64 on my machine in order for it to be true 64 bit? I have heard some people say there is a difference between 64 bit memory addressing and 64 bit audio summing engine. I would think the 64 bit audio summing engine should work regardless of operating system as long as the app is 64 bit enabled. However I could understand the memory addressing thing not being compliant on a 32 bit system with a fixed amount of RAM. So feedback would be awesome! let me know what you guys think