1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Pressing Silver CDs

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by ZeppelinFan, Jul 20, 2003.

1. ZeppelinFan

ZeppelinFan Guest

Ok, I am a beginner in making music, but I am just wondering:

How do I make a professional pressed silver CD?

What equipment do I need? And what are the best products to use?

Can it be done in a home?

How long would it take for one?

How much would blank silver cds cost and where can I buy them?

How would I transfer CD-R songs onto them?

And could you give me any more information on the production of silver cds?

I thank you all very much for taking the time out to help me, and I really hope I can get some answers. Thank you.
  2. Cd replicating (pressing) is totally different from CD duplicating (burning). You can buy CD burning towers, but buying the CD presses are much more expensive and are industrial level. I would recommend checking out commercial CD replication companies, including Diskmakers.com (see banner ad on this site). These companies have great prices, probably lower than what you would expect, and they can help you with everything from prepping the art to mastering. Good luck with it, David
  3. Don Schenk

Don Schenk Active Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Home Page:
    If you need small quantities, Musician's Friend (http://www.musiciansfriend.com) will burn 50 disks for you, thermal print the labels on the disk, and include jewel cases for $49.
  4. ZeppelinFan

ZeppelinFan Guest

That's awesome, I'll have to check those sites out. I know almost everything there is to know about burning, and I learned just the very general differences between burning and pressing cds, so thank you very much for your information.
    If I am ever able to find someone to make music with, I want to be doing a lot of the studio working, editing, producing, etc. I don't really know why, but it seems like something I would want to do, along with making the music.
    Thanks again guys.