1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Private Messages

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Katiedawg, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Katiedawg

Katiedawg Active Member

OK...WTF is up with the Private Messages thing? I have one (or so it says), but there's not one thing in my Profile that even hints at where it might be hiding.

2. EdWray

EdWray Active Member

The server was down earlier today. Our PM problems may be related. NO PM links anywhere. No buddy list either. I hope that stuff is backed up. I'd hate to lose all that info. :eek:

3. Katiedawg

Katiedawg Active Member

OK...thanks. If whoever sent the message sees this, just post the question. We're all friends here!

4. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Relax guys. It's not lost. It has been turned off temporarily to facilitate trouble shooting. Last night about 10 pm pst the server began to fail. I don't know if any of you noticed but all day yesterday server performance was very sluggish. The PMs put a huge demand on the server so it was decided to shut it off temporarily. If anyone is so inclined, now would be a good time to donate $20 to RO. We are outgrowing our server rapidly and since RO has been operating at basically “no profit” since its inception, the funds to purchase new equipment are lacking. Don’t worry, RO will persevere! We have the will and we will find the way! But it wouldn’t hurt if some of you wanted to chip in a little to help out. BTW this is an unofficial request for donations and has not been sanctioned by RO’s management. I am only a moderator here and am in no way involved with the management of RO. …………… Fats
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tannoy, Dynaudio, Blue Sky, JBL, Earthworks, Westlake, NS 10's :D , Genelec, Hafler, KRK, and PMC
    Those are good. …………………….. Pick one.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Katiedawg

Katiedawg Active Member

OK...fair enough, and understood. But is there a chance in hell that one of the mods could at least email either the text and sender of the message, or just the email address of who's trying to contact me?

Thanks in advance for considering.

6. audiowkstation

audiowkstation Active Member

We are working on a plan...Sit tight, hopefully we can come up with something amicable to all the members and the server....

Remember, moderators do not get paid to be here and also, the site does cost quite a bit of money to run. Like PBS, it is time to do a fund drive.

Basically it is the donations of moderators and members that keep this site going, and of Course, the creator of the site.

We are hashing out the best options.

7. Beau Landry

Beau Landry Guest

Pitch in people! This site is amazing! I would, but I am a video-store clerk in LA.
    Peace, Beau

8. Michael Scott

Michael Scott Active Member

Home Page:
    Let me know when/where and how....I've learned lots here since signing up in August. Seems like a lot of great people here willing to share the knowledge. Sounds like a worthwhile investment to me. :c: