1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Pro Tolls HD3 questions

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Gordy, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Gordy

Gordy Guest

Does anybody have any info on Protools HD3. I need any tips or availibility of a CD demo for HD3.
  2. tomtom

tomtom Guest

I work on PT HD3, what do you want to know?
  3. inLoco

inLoco Active Member

Jul 25, 2004
    that it is really ****** expensive 8)
  4. Marcus Black

Marcus Black Guest

Try http://www.digidesign.com ...;)
  5. Gordy

Gordy Guest

Is there a CD demo available for PT HD3.
    We are using it with our new Neve 88R console and I need more info on how the two operate/interact side by side.
  6. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    Umm...demo of the Pro Tools software? No such thing exists....you need their hardware to run it.

Only type of demo is to go to a store and ask the sales people to give you a demo.

7. Johnjm22

Johnjm22 Guest

You can download Pro Tools for free from Digidesign's website. It's a very limited version, but it gives you an idea of what it's all about.
  8. tomtom

tomtom Guest

I don't think you'll find a demo on a cd. I think the digi guys want you to buy their new Icon system!! They won't show you how to hook up your HD3 to the Neve.
    I was recently talking with a sound engineer who works at ICP studios in Brussels, Belgium. One of our large music studios in the country.
    He is using your setup and seemed very happy with it.

9. EricK

EricK Guest

The PT HD rig will interface to your console just like any other tape machine would. Analog line out of the Digi hardware to the line in/tape returns of your console. Direct out/Bus out of the console intot he Digi hardware inputs.

You'll want their Digi Sync, or whatever it's called, so that you can send timecode to your console if you want to use the Neve's automation.
  10. Gordy

Gordy Guest

Protools HD3

The system keeps freezing up. We have two G5's with all the bells and whistles. We have dual monitors. It boots most of the time, but freezes up after about 5 minutes. Could this be a software conflict. We are running MAC OS 9.
  11. Opus2000

Apr 7, 2001
    Dude, install OS X already.....

12. Gordy

Gordy Guest

We have OS X. It keeps freezing up.
    We have the dual monitor system.
  13. Opus2000

Apr 7, 2001
    Well, then you need to get some help with that...

14. Ammitsboel

Ammitsboel Guest

There is something about some versions of the OSX that is not good for running PT(I think it's 10.3 that's best).
    You should ask digidesign about this though.

Best Regards
  15. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Distinguished Member

Mar 19, 2003
    Kirkland WA
    Home Page:
    I don't understand, G5's will not boot OS9, can you clarify.

If you are trying to run it in OS9 Classic mode it WILL CRASH.

All G5's are dual monitor ready all you need is the included SVGA to DVI adpter.
  16. Gordy

Gordy Guest

I know. About 100,000 USD in HD3.