1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Pro Tools 5.01 Click, how do i get it working

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by ripchordjoe, Jan 4, 2005.

1. ripchordjoe

ripchordjoe Guest

i am running a digi 001 with mac OS 9 and pro tools 5.01. i can't get the click to come thru any outputs or headphones. i bought it used and cant get tech support. any help would be appreciated. thanks
  2. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2001
    I think you will find that the click is a midi note and not audio.

you need to route the midi to a midi module or use QT-instruments and then bring it back into an audio input

however you will NOT be satiafied with the QT-inst and latency

I find it better to make the midi click using a midi track and then convert to audio and place just where you want it.

oh and welcome !

look for the Roland Midi Basics pdf
    it might help
    and look to the help in PT
  3. Aziel

Aziel Guest

sorry...are you talking about a click produced by the 001 itself? i think that the version with click included is from 6.x...i m not prety sure... :roll:
  4. ripchordjoe

ripchordjoe Guest

I was thinking the same thing about the MIDI interface and whatnot. But if i use quicktime im not sure exactley how to do so or how to re-route any thing?

I believe this version does have a click because there are options for it and a butting to turn it on and off. I just cant get it to work i guess.

Are there any other technical documents that anyone knows of to get this to work.
  5. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2001
    The original question was OS9 and PT5.01 ... and 001

Are you familiar with midi ?

I don't think you will be satisfied with the simple midi click as used on the transport controls.
    I tend to run a more complex midi click as a midi track .... then print to audio before doing an O/D. All O/D are referenced back to the same audio click track.

but then one thing at a time ... :)
  6. ripchordjoe

ripchordjoe Guest

Yes that is the original question...We are basically just trying to learn the software and wanted to get the click to work within it...We do have a drum machine we can hook up and play it on a separate track for a click...But we liked how it did the count off and layed out the beats within the software.....anywho any help is appreciated!

thanks alot

7. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2001
    001 midi out
    midi cable
    drum machine midi in

OMS needs to be set for at least the 001.
    you could setup your drum machine here too but it can work without it

drum machine must be set to recieve external midi
    ... you need to work this as I haven't looked at a DM for years

In PT
    midi click control panel
    set midi output port ... 001 midi channel 10

there is more ... audio stuff
    how are you monitoring the drum machine now ?

page 9 for OMS
    page 45 for basic midi connections

not much but it's a start
  8. dark_catt

dark_catt Guest

thats an easy one. You need to upgrade your software. you can go to the digi website but if that bastards quit carrying it I can send you a copy of 6.0. Or you can down load in from Limewire