1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Pro Tools 6.4 and ADC... soon?Mix Magazine...

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by Alécio Costa - Brazil, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

From the Duc, at the very first minutes it was presented...
    Does anyne have a copy of Mix/April?
    Cheers, Digi!
    :)

Well it looks like the long anticipated Auto Delay Compensation is finaly here with version 6.4. In the Mix Magazine article on the ICON there is a sidebar listing some new features in PT 6.4 to be released concurrently with the ICON. Auto Delay Compensation of both plug-in and routing delays is on the list, along with Track Punch (record-enable and punch on the fly), an input button on each channel (allowing swithing between input and playback), and a few other new features. The immediate release is for HD systems with MIX systems to follow. This is good!

2. David French

David French Well-Known Member

hmm... looks like they're finally catching up with Nuendo ;)

3. Nuendo is king...
    :lol:

4. Alécio Costa - Brazil

I´m really eager for an opportunity to test Nuendo. However, nothing is perfect. I myself did not enjoy motu2 and motu3. Still prefer AlsIhad.

5. David French

Alécio, I use Cubase SX 2.0 (identical to Nuendo without networking capability) and I find the interface to be namy times more user friendly and logical than PT. All programs can do great audio, so IMO, it comes down to this.

6. yeah...

And Nuendo finally caught up to Samplitude...

well almost...

hehe...

7. David French

Hey cowboy, good to see ya!

8. Howdy!

I'm gonna' start calling you Sherlock...

:wink:

anyone interested in an outdated comparison between Nuendo (SX) and Samplitude can check it out here:

http://forum.nuendo.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/015740.html

9. Alécio Costa - Brazil

PT has lots to grow conecrning midi. However, the current midi stuff is fine for me. Just need some beter organizing/different shortcuts.
    Logic looked really unlogical to me. Very good, but not very intuitive. Besides Cakewalk/Sonar, what else is simple and reliable?
    Mackie´s Traction?

10. David French

If ya'll wanna talk about apps, somebody should get Mark over here; he a logic user.

Brock, i'm ashamed to say it, but I don't get it. :?

I feel some :oops: coming...

11. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Well-Known Member

8)

Alécio Nuendo is a fine app, just don't try it on single cpu mac.

After being a longtime Mac Cubase user I moved my SX license to my PC, because Steinberg products are not competitive on the Mac.

I tried, but SX mac does not equal SX PC, the user experience is much better on PC.

Most of the Mac SX1 users were not able play their sessions in SX2 without upgrading to the fastest dual Macs.

Even though they released a new update it didn't fix a major bug.

To use Reason, and most 3rd party plugs on a dual CPU machine, you MUST disable SX's multiprocessor support.....Doh!

8)

12. Alécio Costa - Brazil

thnaks for the nice info but I´d better stick a little bit more with ALSIHAD
    Running solid and stable as a roller skate here.. 5.1.3/OS 9.2Mix ++
    :)

13. BladeSG

BladeSG Guest

I don't know if it's true or not, but when I was playing around with Cubase SX 2.01 and Nuendo 2.02, I could swear that Nuendo sounds noticebly better than Cubase SX. Do they have a different Audio Engine maybe.

But Pro Tools IS King still.

14. mjones4th

mjones4th Active Member