1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Pro Tools 8 notation help

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by rockdude, Feb 6, 2009.

1. rockdude

rockdude Active Member

Well im new to pro tools and one of the selling points for me getting pro tools 8 was its score editor seemed like it would be pretty cool. I have one before worked with the note finalle note editor primarily testing out its real time note transcribing as thats what i wanted to do. So anyway in pro tools 8 I cant figure out how to record in the score editor in real time with my keyboard, can anyone help me out? Also another question on the side about pro tools I am using the Mbox 2 mini interface with it and is the only way to hear output thru pro tools is thru the mbox? like i got to use its output to a speaker system?

2. rockdude

rockdude Active Member

ok i figured out the answer to my two questions!!!!! Ok but i have another when you record a midi track how to do apply a instrument sound to it? so when you play it back its just not silent

update i think i figured it out :wink:

3. rockdude

rockdude Active Member

ok now i dont know what i did now when im trying to record i cant! I click the record button on the track first then i go to the transport window and press record and it does nothing and doesnt say the usual waiting for midi what do i have to do to get it to record again?

4. Greener

Greener Guest

I was going to see how long you would continue to talk to yourself but at this point I might interject.

Have you read the manual?

5. rockdude

rockdude Active Member

haha yes I read the manual but im all good now I figured everything out these past couple days! Man pro tools is soooo cool there is so much to it I dont know where to begin, the options for how to make my music are endless!!!! Im in love with it

6. BRH

BRH Active Member

You are asking at the wrong forum.. go here:

http://duc.digidesign.com/