1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

pro tools delay

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by BestPaul, Jan 5, 2005.

1. BestPaul

BestPaul Guest

i'm running protools with an mbox and i'm getting a delay through the playback like a split second. i know how to get rid of the delay in sonar but i can't get it to go away with this protools. i also would like to know if it is possible to hook the protools to a roland vs-2480 for interface to control levels with the faders. any knowledge would be appreciated.
  2. Protools Delay with an MBox

Hi ... I have a 002, so I don't know about your problem explicitly, but have you checked out the Digi User Conference (DUC) for help with your problem? I find the DUC to be friendly, informative, and full of people who know PT inside and out. Check it out ...

First impression of your problem: have you adjusted the hardware playback engine (samples and buffer) to the lowest settings that your system can handle? I know that the MBox does not have Low Latency Monitoring, but I am under the impression that you can tweak your system to make the latency negligible. As far as setting up your VS as a control surface, there is a current discussion on the DUC about this here .

Check out the DUC for help.