1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Pro Tools Monitoring Question HELP!

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by automatic8, Jul 21, 2008.

1. automatic8

automatic8 Guest

can anyone tell if there is a way in pro tools le that i can recording my input signal WITHOUT monitoring it at all. Basically what I am trying to do is lay down some vocal tracks with the headphones at a low volume and just monitor my true voice that im hearing outside the cans. hope that makes sense.....any help would be great, thanks!

2. fourone3

fourone3 Active Member

If I'm understanding you correctly ...

Don't route your vocal tracks to the stereo outs, or headphone outs - however it is that you do things.

3. automatic8

automatic8 Guest

i am just using the headphone outs ont the from of my 003 rack.....is there something im missing?

4. fourone3

fourone3 Active Member

When you create your vocal track that you're about to record, instead of routing that track to the stereo outs (I believe it defaults to A 1-2).

Anything routed to the stereo outs will also be sent to the headphone outs.

Just change it from A 1-2 to no outputs.

5. DonnyWright

DonnyWright Guest

Or just mute the track you're recording to. It will still record and you won't hear it, but you will hear the other tracks.

6. MarkG

MarkG Guest

"Ditto" on the mute button, it should be that easy.

7. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Well-Known Member

Unplug/turn off the headphones?

8. MarkG

MarkG Guest

Yeah, he could just sing random melodys and HOPE they line up with the music when he plays it back.

9. fourone3

fourone3 Active Member

Ah the mute button!

I didn't think of that because I thought the meter doesn't function when it's enabled. I thought that might cause more confusion for them.

Yes, try the mute button.