1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Pro tools or Logic Audio ??????

Discussion in 'Logic' started by ventura33, Aug 3, 2007.

1. ventura33

ventura33 Guest

Hello my friends
    > i need mix my works in the box(computer inside)
    > i dont have outboard like reverbs delays.
    > can you tell me what its better buy a Digidesign HD2 with core card or go to Logic audio with Mac
    and 2 cards of UniversalAudio and one of TCElectronic Powercore for mix

does the Logic make a real mix like Pro tools HD2 ?
    Have the same power'
    Because pro tools have dsp in the cards

im confused

Pro tools HD 2 ?

Nuendo ?
    Logic ?
    its better buy a G5 with a logic ?
    and put together a
    UAD-1 Project Pak. Hardware DSP and
    and TC Powercore or go to protools ?

i want mix a real records for sell to record companies , pleuse can you tell me what its better sistem to my future and withot stress to computer

> Ventura
  2. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Distinguished Member

Mar 19, 2003
    Kirkland WA
    Home Page:
    If you are a fulltime commercial studio, with budget, and a treated room, PT|HD is the way to go. If you are a project studio, or for composing Logic Pro is a better tool.

G5s are no longer in production, they have been replaced with the Mac Pro quad and eight core machines.

I use Logic Pro on a core duo mini, Logic Pro has enough virtual instruments and effects included, so you don't have to invest in 3rd party plugs uless you want to.

Logic Pro can be used as the software frontend with PT|HD hardware. It is the most cpu-effecient of all the Mac DAWs.

3. TheFraz

TheFraz Active Member

Feb 5, 2007
    the plug ins for logic are really great. and there are allot of them to choose from right out of the box.

I have had better in the box mixes with logic then i have ever been able to get with protools.