1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Pro Tools training

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by poppy, Jun 7, 2003.

1. poppy

poppy Guest

Hi,
    Don't know if this is the place to ask but here's a question to any employers out there...

Would you value the new Digidesign certificate qualifications in Pro Tools operation?

2. sheet

sheet Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Yes!

But that would come right behind the background check and drug test.

It is worth it. If you end up unemployed as an engineer, you could work in a training center or a recording school until you got the break that you needed.

Also, if you wanted, this would put you in a class of DAW salesmen that is very small (i.e., people that know what the heck that they are talking about).

The first two classes may seem slow moving, if they aren't controled, but it is worth it.

3. JavaJunkie

JavaJunkie Guest

Before you lay down any cash:

1) Get a copy of the course Syllabus.

2) Get a Resume from or interview the instructor.

3) 101 is good if you know nothing-take the free test and bypass it. 201 is actually good. 210 is a complete rip-off: don't bother unless you really want the certification.

4. digdug

digdug Guest

Why not online :p http://www.berkleemusic.com/school/course?course_item_id=185702&usca_p=t&offer_code=221

5. sheet

sheet Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    digdug...is the name in reference to the game? I haven't seen that game in years!

6. ckevperry

ckevperry Active Member

How much is this class? Why not take the money and buy an M-Box or 001 with the money and learn it inside and out? No producer/studio/engineer I know gives a rip about certification. I went the recording school route myself....but nothing educated me more than my first big assisting job. Then my first album project. Many albums later the real world still educates me every day.

7. JavaJunkie

JavaJunkie Guest

One reason not to do 101 on line is it's about $800.00 more. $250.00 for the Southeast Protools Training Center at home course.

8. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Distinguished Member

I can tell ya that Andy E. is a very nice guy. Very competent. I am eager for a 301 version.
    :)