1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Problem getting new plug ins to run on Cubase.

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by jmm22, Jan 1, 2011.

1. jmm22

jmm22 Guest

I had a long string of success in downloading unpacking (with winzip) and using plug ins. However, the last few times have been problematic, and I do not know why. Just now I had problems with a demo version of Brainworx BX-XL. The program appeared to install o.k., I restarted the computer as suggested, but when I load the plug in, a page comes up (as expected) saying do you want to continue using BX-XL trial version, click trial to continue, after which a window opens up that is nothing like what the BX program looks like, and it is a dead window, with no features. I tried moving the .dll file around, but this did not seem to help. The BX-XL plug also shows up in my list of plug ins, but it simply does not work. Any guesses what the problem might be?

2. jmm22

jmm22 Guest

Well, I have not the foggiest idea of what happened, but after trying a dozen or more things, uninstalling the program caused it to start working. Go figure.