1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Problem with recording

Discussion in 'Recording' started by audion00b, Jun 18, 2011.

1. audion00b

audion00b Active Member

I get meter readings when i arm a track ( around -50dB range), even when my input gain in my soundcard driver settings is set to null.

2. audion00b

audion00b Active Member

anyone? i could really use some help here

3. IIRs

IIRs Well-Known Member

More information required.

What soundcard? Mic input or line? When you say "null" do you mean unity?

4. audion00b

audion00b Active Member

Realtek HD audio..though im using a ASIO4all when im using Sonar X1. Recording through Mic In. i opened my Mic in Settings and turned the level all the way down. But im getting a meter reading at -50dB range in Sonar..

5. IIRs

IIRs Well-Known Member

Do you mean you have a -50dB noise floor from the input? Is there anything plugged into it?

To be honest, that's not that high for a consumer soundcard: you will need a proper audio interface to do much better.

6. audion00b

audion00b Active Member

yeah, can i use a gate with a low attack and high release? i mean is that option

7. IIRs

IIRs Well-Known Member

A gate should help. The ideal attack and release times would depend on the source material however.

8. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

So where did you get the crack? Is it the AirISO version?

9. GZsound

GZsound Active Member

The poor noise floor is most certainly the result of the Realtek POS.

I would go ahead and record and then use noise reduction to remove the low level hiss...and then buy a professional interface.