1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Problem with sound card :(

Discussion in 'Recording' started by mistralauthentica, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Hello,

I got a strange problem, never experienced before with my new PC and Echo Gina 20 card. It sounds with clicks and pops and a little slower than it originally is, in sound editors such as Sound Forge or WaveLab. But the same time all sounding perfectly in Windows Media Player (?!) For example, i open wav file in Sound Forge and it sounds with clicks, but when i'm open the same wav in Media player - everything sounding OK. I don't mind, what's wrong? My OS is W2K Proffessional and i'm using latest W2K Gina driver (version 6.11 beta), downloaded from Echo Audio. Maybe someone already faced that problem? I don't clearly understand, what difference between Sound Forge and Media Player and why Forge playing audio with clicks. I guess, if it would be problem with PCI bus flow - it would be problems with both Forge and Media player, but media player works fine. And also, i haven't any problems with Gina driver and any IRQ troubles - everything works OK. By the way, i did various experiments enlarging audio buffer size in Sound Forge and inserted card in another PCI slot - but it didn't help anyway. What's wrong? Please, suggest me something that could help.
  2. hueseph

hueseph Distinguished Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Check you buffer settings. 512 is a good place to start. Sometimes you can get away with less sometimes not. Sometimes too much will cause pops and clicks.