1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

problems w/Presonus firepod...

Discussion in 'Recording' started by tonytrumpet, Nov 25, 2005.

1. tonytrumpet

tonytrumpet Guest

I am having trouble with my midi/VST instruments playing back alittle behind my audio tracks....

I am using a presonus firepod, cubase LE on a 2.4 ghz PC w/256 ram
    running under Windows XP

I have the latency set to 3 on the firepod..that's as low as I can go without it makeing some crazy sounds...

Any help ?

Thanks,
    Tony

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Active Member

first things first 256 sucks. upgrade your ram quick, and lets chat from there.

3. Vaylence

Vaylence Guest

Oh yeah cause anyone who does not have at least 4g of ram is a has been looser who needs to throw away the glorified calculator they call a DAW!!! I ROXOR MIEN BOXORS

any way its probably is the ram thats holding you back, I'm running 512 I think maybe 768 not for sure, but it holds up fine. Most load I think I have had is 12 audio tracks with 6 midi/VSTi tracks plus effects.

Another option is on your audio tracks use the freeze function to free up some CPU power.

4. agape

agape Guest

Hi!
    I am new in this forum, a little bit desperate about Firepod too. Suddenly after a long time I've been using it some problems appeared, and I reinstalled the driver. The problems were fixed but latency (althogh as always set to 10ms.) sounds ...huge when I monitor my VST instrument (I mean while I play with the midi keyboard). I really can't play at all?
    What could be wrong?

I have Athlon 2600,512 RAM, Windows XP (with the optimization settings suggested by Presonus), 80 hard disk