1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Problems with Acid Pro 3.0

Discussion in 'Recording' started by kevinworley, Sep 25, 2001.

1. kevinworley

kevinworley Guest

Hi -

I'm having problems with Acid Pro 3.0. It's very noisy, with what can best be described as old vinyl LP noise - pops and clicks. I use other Sonic Foundry products - Acid Pro 2.0, Acid Music, and Sound Forge 4.5 without any problems.
    I'm using a PC with a Pentium III 500Mhz processor, a new Maxtor/Quantum 7200 rpm HD, 256MB of RAM and a Lexicon Core 2 sound card.
    I've spoken at length with both Lexicon and Sonic Foundry with no resolution of the problem. The clock source and sample rates are all ok.
    Any ideas? Thanks.

Kevin

2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

It's got to be some setting within Acid 3.0...if 2.0 is totally fine as well as any other program than you have deduced the bug at hand allready...I dont have Acid 3.0 so I couldnt tell ya what to try..
    On the other hand...what OS are you running?
    Opus

3. hmmmm... dont know about any of the other peeps, but to me, it sounds like a latency problem. Try the different soundcard devices in Acid's preferences.

I find meddling with settings gives me more information, you can always re-install the product right? :D

4. musictech

musictech Active Member

Do you have DirectX 8.0a installed? It is required for proper operation of ACID 3, and I know of others who have had problems with ACID 3 with older versions of DirectX.

5. Opus2000

Just be careful with new verisons of DirectX..some may cause more issues than you would want to deal with...also I'm wondering if that Core 2 is going to have any issues with newer versions of DirectX as well...that card has caused many people a huge headache or two...
    Opus

6. brokenwindow

brokenwindow Guest

The Core 2 is made by the Devil..Run ...Run far, far away.. :D

7. Opus2000

Originally posted by BrokenWindow:
    The Core 2 is made by the Devil..Run ...Run far, far away.. :D
    To quote the flock of seagulls...."And I ran...I ran so far away....I couldnt get away!!!!"

:p
    Opus

8. JSt0rm

JSt0rm Guest

I second the latency thing. All in favor say "I"

9. Opus2000

actually I've gotten reports that there are several people having the same sort of issue even tho they are using different cards..so it's not thge latency issue that is at hand
    Opus