1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Problems with recording at 192 with MOTU 192HD & CubaseS

Discussion in 'Cubase' started by westshore, May 28, 2005.

1. westshore

westshore Guest

Hey everyone, just got Cubase SX3 to run my studio, but I am having trouble switching the sample rate to 192 khz.

I'm using:
    Cubase SX3
    Dual Opteron 244 DAW
    MOTU 192HD Interface
    Mackie 1640 ONYX Mixing Board

No matter what I try or what I switch it to, Cubase always switches it back to 44khz. I can open up the MOTU control panel and switch the sample rate around all day long, but as soon as I open Cubase, it switches it to 44khz.

My clock source is set to PCI-424 (the pci card that the motu connects to), I'm using the MOTU ASIO driver, and the device is the 192HD.

I hope someone has experience with recording 192khz and can help.

If there's anything else I'm leaving out, please let me know.

- Chris
  2. iroc

iroc Guest

Does cubase support 192khz? Just curious what are wanting to record at 192khz?

3. gumplunger

gumplunger Active Member

Mar 25, 2005
    I'm using SX2, but aren't you supposed to switch the sample rate in the project setup? If you switch it outside of cubase and then enter cubase, it's going to switch to whatever cubase has in the project setup.
  4. itchy

itchy Guest

provided cubase sx 3 supports 192 kHz (i only have sl 1!), just change the sample rate in cubase project setup. make sure that your motu mixer don't have the rate locked at 44.1 first.

hope this helps some,
  5. westshore

westshore Guest

Cubase will only let me go as high as 96khz in the project settings :/
  6. gumplunger

gumplunger Active Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Then Cubase SX3 doesn't support 192khz.

Personally, I think 96khz is enough for just about anything, but that's just me.
  7. Reggie

Reggie Distinguished Member

Dec 20, 2004
    You require Nuendo for 192k. And a large fast hard drive.