1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Product Gimmicks and Marketing

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by pcrecord, Nov 12, 2014.

1. pcrecord

pcrecord Don't you want the best recording like I do ? Well-Known Member

I stepped upon this : http://www.economik.com/monster-cable/pro-powerline-300/
    This is actually a powercable, included with most of our gear.

They expect us to pay 80$ when a 5$ could to the job, here's why :

PowerLine 300 Delivers Four Times More Power for Better Sound and Picture
    PowerLine 300 is designed with 261 strands of ultra-high purity copper in each of its three conductors, so you get 4 times more cable than ordinary power cords. With so much stranding, it's flexible enough to route through cabinets,yet heavy enough to minimize resistance and maximize power transfer. It all adds up to greater visual and sonic clarity from all your AV sources. Clearer highs with rich, deep bass and cleaner, brighter video-an overall enhanced experience.

Sorry but 4 times more power will make my powersupply explode !!
    How many other things are we screwed on ??

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

if 1 in 1000 rise to the bait these guys make bank. i try to use the best cable possible but i do not think there is that much difference between mogami or monster and belden ...

3. Reverend Lucas

Reverend Lucas Active Member

Nothing like good old fashioned appeal to vanity. For discriminating audiophiles. Victor Wooten endorses one that's $200, and it makes me sad.
    http://www.essentialsound.com/wooten-musiccord-pro-power-cord/

Funny, neither catalog page makes any mention of how the power gets to the outlet.

Kurt Foster likes this.
  4. pcrecord

pcrecord Don't you want the best recording like I do ? Well-Known Member

OMG 200$, I've good maybe 12 power cord in action in the studio !! what if I invest 2400$ ?? Mister Jackson will come back from the dead and ask to record with me ?? ;)

5. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

great point ... and so obvious. most people wouldn't think of that.