1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Protools Factory

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by audiotic, Apr 1, 2005.

1. audiotic

audiotic Guest

Hi, I'm ready to acquire Protools LE 002 but wondering if the Factory bundle is worth the few hundred bucks added to the base 002. Is it worth it?

2. PCM

PCM Guest

NOt to completely throw your plans up in he air- but I would suggest the 002r with command 8- a much more versatile setup for around the same price. Also, I would personally rather save the few hundred on the factory bundle and pick my own aftermarket plugs. My 2 cents.

3. audiotic

audiotic Guest

I'm pondering on that idea actually. Can you tell me more advantages of using a separate controller? Does command 8 works with other DAW as well?

4. Costy

Costy Guest

Hey, I happen to disagree with PCM. All ProTools-pro people I know do
    not work with control surfaces. In fact, most work only in Edit PT
    window (all you need is there). In my opinion - get the Digi Rack and
    one of the bundles on the market. Just an opinion.

5. CharlesDayton

CharlesDayton Active Member

I'm one of those pro's who does use a control surface. You would have to pry my procontrol out of my cold dead hands. Mixing with a mouse, for me, sucks.

6. WRX07

WRX07 Guest

Save the money and get a Waves bundle

7. frob

frob Well-Known Member

save you monny get a Delta 1010
    and Cubace sx

it will run you around the same amount and (i think most would agree) the converters in the 1010 sound better then the 002 also Cubace runs mutch better on PC then Pro Tools assuming that your using a PC.