1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

ProTools LE 6.0 authorization code?

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by soundstudio315, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Im new to the board, but ran into a consistant problem today the last couple of days. I've been using a G4 dual processsor OS X 10.2.8, Mbox w/PT LE 6.2.1 for the last year. Well It started crashing at the start up of the PT launch program. (the unexpected quit msg) I trashed all the preferences and just about everything Digidesign forums says to do.
    Last resort was to uninstall PT and reinstall. Well I got the authorition code (sticker inside my getting to know PT) but is the code for PT LE 5.x the version that came with the MBOX, I got the PT LE 6.0 upgrade disk at time of purchase. I can't find the envelop it came in where I think I stuck the authorization code on. So I can't upgrade to at least back to where I was at 6.2.1 and guess what I bought it year ago exactly on 8/27/03 so I'm out of getting free support :cry: any ideas please help.
  2. Johnjm22

Johnjm22 Guest

Dude I know how this goes. All these authorization codes and crap, it can be such a pain in the a$$.

Since you have free support, I would just call digidesign. I think they'll just ask for the serial # of you M-box and your personal info, then they'll give you whatever help you need. There actually pretty good about customer support.

As for your problem with Pro Tools crashing, I find that pretty interesting because I'm also running PT 6.2, with OS 10.2.8, on a G4 and I'm having the exact same problem! I'll be right in the middle of a session and all the sudden I get an error message saying that Pro Tools has unexpectedly quit.

I think PT 6.2 for OSX 10.2.8 just has some bugs in it. The only way to get rid of them is probably to just upgrade to 6.4. Which will be a total pain in the a$$ because then you have to upgrade your OS along with all your plug-ins and reauthorize everything.

God I'm really starting to hate Pro Tools :evil: I'm going with Nuendo or something else next time.
  3. I think my free support ran out, isn't it only good for a year?

Yeah I had that problem to while in the session it would crap out. but that eventually disappeared but now I can't even get it to load. Was thinking about upgrading to my OS and downloading 6.4 see if that would help but of course thats $$$$? but I now I'm stuck at 6.0 and it still won't load lol.

Been thinking going to a something like a Roland VS-2480CD? hoping that would elminate and cpu/software problems.
  4. Johnjm22

Johnjm22 Guest

I would definatley not go with the Roland. Having a computer gives you way more options & flexibility. Not to mention better editing functions.

I don't think upgrading to 6.4 costs that much.

Check out: Link removed

Best thing to do is wipe you hard drive totally clean, reinstall every thing, and don't use your computer for anything except Pro Tools.