1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

protools LE and multitrack recording

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by strobelightaddiction, Feb 13, 2005.

1. hey, I've been trying to come up with a way to record more than 8 tracks using protools and I think I've found out how but I'm not sure if this is right and I have a few questions about it. What I would do would be to get a digi 002r and a behringer ULTRAGAIN PRO-8 DIGITAL ADA8000 (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_id/105839). I think that I could connect the ADAT output of the behringer into the 8 channel ADAt optical input on the 002r and could then record up to 16 tracks at a time (8 xlr from the preamp, 4 xlr from the 002, and 4 trs 1/4" from the 002). My main question is will this work, and I'd also like to know what kind of cable I would use to connect the 002r and behringer and where could I find one? All help and suggestions are appreciated.

2. oh and i forgot one more thing: I'd probably be running this all on a brand new 14" ibook G4 at 1.33 GHz with 768 MB ram and a 120 GB external hard drive (along with an internal 60 GB). I that a good enough system or is there possibly some sort of powerbook I could get at around $1500?