1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

PT 5.x.x TDM Mix systems plugs. wanna read your comment

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Alécio Costa - Brazil, Apr 12, 2003.

1. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Distinguished Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Hi friends. I have to be honest that I am asking the same question at the DUC also.

first of all, I would like to have your opinions about compressors. Which one(s) do you think have provided you better results with specific recording/mixing techniques and different instruments and voices.

The "poll" has the following to be voted:
    a) Compressor banks from mcDSP
    b) Bomb factory LA 2A
    c) Bomb factory Fairchild 660
    d) Bomb factory 1176
    e) Drawmer dynamics
    f) Joe Meek SC2
    g) waves C1

Recoding/mixing situations:

1) Female Vocal
    2) Male Vocal
    3) Pop clean Guitars
    4) distorted Guitars
    5) Hard rock/heavy Guitars
    6) Acoustic Guitar > Nylon strings
    7) Acoustic guitar > steel strings
    8) Pop drums ( individual pieces/drums))
    9) Pop drums (stereo drums submixes)
    10)Rock drums ( individual pieces)
    11)Rock drums ( stereo drums submixes-
    12)Bass guitar
    13)classical stuff ( cellos, violin, etc)
    14)Backing Vocals

In my experience , I have not enjoyed C1´s very much. Sometimes even digirack plug compressor sounded better. I know they have renaissence collection also...

I am really enjoying SC2 Joe Meek compressor for Vocals and 5 string pop bass guitar.

sorry if this post is too long and boring, but lots of nice things shall arise here.

i just have to say that mcdsp, waves ( except for plugin upgrade policies) and TC works are very nice companies and customer´s support is incredible.

Nice weekend
  2. Personally I like the BF compressors, specifically the 1176 and the 660. Doc
  3. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Distinguished Member

Mar 19, 2002
    cool Doc. Man, e need to pick more people in here. Sometimes people get lazy and orget this part of the forum really exists.

You´ve got lots of experience to share with us. I also hope to have some input regarding these plugs.