1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

PT 6 won't support Mix Hardware????

Discussion in 'Recording' started by joy4u, Sep 12, 2002.

1. joy4u

joy4u Guest

2. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff Resource Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Prince George, BC
    Home Page:
    say what?
  3. No information has been release from Digidesign about PT 6.

4. Jon Best

Jon Best Active Member

Mar 18, 2001
    I'd be surprised if it did. Digi's never going to make it easy for anyone to stay with what they've got instead of upgrading.

5. The Mix stuff fills a good price niche. Digi used to have a rather large gap from entry level systems to high end. Now there are solid systems pretty much for every budget. This wasn't the case last year.

I don't think that Digi is just going to leave the Mix systems and users out in the cold. I would say it will get the same upgrades as the HD stuff...of course second priority though(HD first). I don't know... entirely speculation. Digi could drop it all together then come up with some 96k solution to fill the void using the new TDM II bus.

Just a thought.

6. Sounds like the romour mill is starting to get into full swing as the release date for PT6 gets closer.

Digi stated with the release of PT|HD that they would continue support for Mix systems. Although of course they will eventually discontinue support for Mix, I don't think it will be for some time. My guess is that the initial release of PT6 will be for HD systems with the release of PT6 for mix systems following a few days or weeks later.

The bottom line is that I would take everything you hear about PT6 with a pinch of salt until Digi themselves make an official statement.

7. RecorderMan

RecorderMan Distinguished Member

Mar 28, 2001
    I don't even care. I own a mix+. I didn't go for the HD. I't would have been nice, but I didn't have the scratch when it was offered. No big deal. Any session that wants it that bad can rent it. Otherwise I have a great rig tha't more than enough for session that can't rent an HD. The money i didn't spend is going: in the bank, IBP's, royer121's, new pre-s, ect. All the stress on ANY gear isn't worth it; won't get you (necessarily) that next gig, and has no real effect on your talents. IMO